Website Banner

Frequently Asked Questions

What type of information will I see on the Check Before You Go! website?

You will see routine inspection reports for all food premises, personal services settings, licensed child care settings, public pools, spas and splash pads, public beaches, and recreational camps. You will also see enforcement-related activities for these premises such as convictions and orders.

Information is also available about tobacco and electronic cigarette vendors who are convicted of an offense.

Why is Public Health Sudbury & Districts posting information online?

The Board of Health has made transparency a priority objective in the agency’s overall business operations. We are committed to being accountable to the public and to public transparency. The Ministry of Health requires public disclosure by Boards of Health to support enhanced transparency, to protect and promote individual and community health and to ensure the public knows how Boards of Health are responding to local community needs.

What if I see a mistake with the information posted online?

Public Health Sudbury & Districts makes every effort to ensure that inspection results available online are accurate and up-to-date. Please report potential errors or omissions online or phone Public Health Sudbury & Districts at 705.522.9200, ext. 464 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).

What if a premises that I frequent is not listed online?

Not all types of premises have information posted online. If the inspection results you are looking for are not available, contact us. We will follow-up to determine if the facility is subject to inspections by Public Health Sudbury & Districts.

How can I access information on a premises that is not listed online?

We use a variety of means such as our website, social media posts, or media releases to regularly provide:

For those premises that are not listed online or for requests for information related to non-routine investigations (including mould, outbreak, and animal bite investigations), consideration to share this information is conducted on an individual basis and in accordance with privacy legislation and Public Health policy. Please contact us at 705.522.9200, ext. 464 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200) for additional information.

Who inspects the establishments listed on the Check Before You Go! website?

Public health inspectors from Public Health Sudbury & Districts inspect certain premises located within the Sudbury and Manitoulin districts to make sure that they comply with legislative requirements.

Our tobacco enforcement officers are responsible for inspecting facilities regulated by the Smoke-Free Ontario Act.

How can you file a complaint?

Public health inspectors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to public health emergencies. Phone 705.522.9200 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200) to file a complaint. You can also submit your complaint electronically. Electronic complaints will be dealt with on the next regular business day.

Where can I get more information?

For more information on the activities of Public Health Sudbury & Districts or to speak to a public health inspector during normal business hours, phone 705.522.9200, ext. 464 (toll-free 1.866.522.9200).